About Transform VC
Transform VC, a Silicon Valley firm with a goal: impact a billion people and make a billion dollars, which for that to happen, we must generate at least 3x+ that for our investors.
We back founders & startups who exhibit the following key strengths:
- Deep technology moats
- Strong network effects
- A 10x advantage over the next best thing
Our team has a special system for identifying and supporting overlooked, often dismissed talent from diverse communities and networks, such as our immediate network of Middle Eastern and Canadian founders in America or those we can help bring to and empower in Silicon Valley.
Open Position – Senior Analyst/Associate
Hiring analyst/associates with 1-2 yrs startup, or banking/consulting experience. Building Transform VC like a lean startup: work hard move fast help portfolio founders (technical backgrounds preferred, emphasis on deep sciences, B2B / SaaS, dev tools for example), help lead seed calls, test out new products, follow up with founders solving problems closing customers – we’re always opportunistically eager to meet “starving” candidates who’d be excited to work hard learn voraciously and make the biggest dent in the universe possible!
We are looking for a team member with the right combination of analytical rigor and strong communication skills, who is eager to dive into the fast-paced world of investing in early and growth stage startups. This is a high impact role where you will learn the fundamentals of venture investing, with an initial focus on evaluating investment opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities Include-
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, including market sizing and trends, competitive analysis, financial evaluation, and references on a day to day basis.
- Transaction Evaluation (includes investment and returns analysis, commercial and market research and financial modeling). Participate in deal structure development and closing processes with the deal team to achieve optimal investment decisions.
- Support the development of new investment theses and thematic research.
- Data mining and analysis to identify and support various investment parameters. Update model assumptions in line with evoliving macro and vertical specific trends.
- Prepare investment memos and reports for existing and prospective investors, and document meeting notes and company materials in our internal systems.
- Craft effective search strategies and gather relevant information and data leveraging a broad set of resources. Utilize both secondary and primary research sources and techniques.
- Select business development and networking activities to promote the Transform VC brand and network and generate deal flow.
- Collaborate with the Platform and Operations teams and other relevant stakeholders throughout the end to end deal process.
- Help the team with other internal and external projects as needed.
- 2-3 years of full-time work experience in VC/PE, investment banking, consulting, technology, or other relevant role
- Integrity, humility, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic.
- Genuine interest in learning more about venture capital and startups.
- Thrives in fast-paced and unstructured environments, with ability to independently execute on responsibilities and work with a geographically distributed team.
- Analytical, quantitative, and detail-oriented. Prior experience conducting market and company research will be considered an asset. plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to distill large amounts of complex and incomplete information into thoughtful insights
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or a Master’s in commerce/ Master’s in business administration is considered a strong bonus but not a must.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, ability to grow, and do things you might not be qualified for today, but with our guidance, support and your eagerness to learn, can conquer.
- A collaborative and supportive culture built on trust that respects and values diverse perspectives and experiences
- Mentorship from our team and a commitment to invest in your career, to help you become a great investor
- Open door policy across the firm to give you exposure to the full venture capital experience , from participating in investment team meetings to portfolio support, fund management, operations, fundraising, and platform.